Physical Exercise Yoga

I bought a yoga DVD :cool: it hasn't arrived yet and i'll have to get a yoga mat before it does! I bought the Shiva Rea beginner's DVD that was recommended in this thread. Never done anything like it before, but I dont like the idea of going to a class haha.
Yay! If you have carpet, you can just use a towel for a mat at first. :)

Yay! If you have carpet, you can just use a towel for a mat at first. :)
My whole house is wooden floors unfortunately! i bought one today though (TK Maxx which I believe is TJ Maxx Stateside, if anyones after a cheap one), before the DVD has even arrived. It was despatched today whee

My whole house is wooden floors unfortunately! i bought one today though (TK Maxx which I believe is TJ Maxx Stateside, if anyones after a cheap one), before the DVD has even arrived. It was despatched today whee
That is so funny; I got my daughter and I both new mats at TJ Maxx about a year or so ago! They are cute and have held up well! :)

I did some this afternoon. I have to get back into it more regularly. It was easier when I was getting up super early to push myself to do it.

The thing that turns me off from yoga (and Tai Chi, and other similar exercises) is how to go about learning it. I feel that if I attempt to do something out of a book or video, I'll end up doing it wrong, which might end up screwing up my posture or something. And classes are either costly, or I have to find a good time to attend them, and I don't know which type of yoga would be the most beneficial to me. :woo:

It's not that I don't want to learn, it's just that I don't know how to go about doing it. I figure that it would benefit me more if I start sooner than later.

For tai chi, check out the Chinese seniors center in your area. If you have any kind of Chinese community in your area, there will be a group of seniors that go do tai chi at least once a week in the early early AM.

I did some hip opening yoga today because of soreness. I hope I do not regret it later. Ouch.

Music Platter - yoga is not about perfecting a posture, its about the journey where that postures take you. In the beginning (if you have a good yoga dvd) it really does demostrate pretty well how to do the postures (but do them without judgement) it takes awhile before you get it right.

I am back at ananda kutir ashrama (retreat) where I go twice a week to yoga.

Its spring here in cape town but winter has now arrived with a bang... snow on mountains, freezing rainy weather.... BRRR

As soon as it gets lighter in the mornings I will start a 30 day challenge again...

A very good beginners dvd is also Susan Fulton - Power Yoga...

Hope everyone is well....

Reactions: ledboots
I think we can start yoga exercise from watch video on you tube , there are many videos which may help us to do yoga exercise or we can take help from an yoga experts.

due to changes at work I can't make it to my weekly yoga class. I will now have to find another day and time to do it. Ughhhh. I could REALLY use a yoga class tonight, too! I don't have the self-discipline to do it myself when I get home!

I am trying to fit it back into my busy life, only a bit. I signed up for a beginner yoga class at school for the spring semester. I hope it will be good for me.

It's not religious, don't worry. I think you'd enjoy it; the breathing alone makes you feel good. :)
Yes I know, I had one Christian tell me a few years back that the other gods are used for yoga and its devil worship, I am not listening to that dogmata no more and scare tactics, I rather be peaceful about life now.

I don't know if this has been posted. It is a 30 day yoga challenge, you receive daily through email if you sign up. I have been doing that most days I do not have my college class. Some are very simple others are a little more difficult. I do a day and a quick flow from youtube.